Anyone with knowledge of fraud, waste, abuse, misconduct, or mismanagement involving the U.S. Department of the Interior should file a complaint with the OIG.
Learn more about how to submit a complaint, and how the OIG manages complaints >
The Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman educates Department employees about prohibitions on retaliation for whistleblowing, as well as employee's rights and remedies if anyone retaliates against them for making a protected disclosure. Department employees can contact the Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions regarding protected disclosures, want information about rights and remedies, or would like whistleblower protection training.
Employees should know that the Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman is not permitted to act as a legal representative, agent, or advocate for employees or former employees. Learn more about whistleblower protection by clicking on the list of frequently asked questions.
Contractor & Recipient Resources
Contractors and grant recipients also play a role in preventing fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. also play a role in preventing fraud and abuse.
- Contractor Disclosure - Guidelines for contractors to submit evidence of wrongdoing
- Contractor Reporting Form - File a complaint online
- Administrative Remedies - Learn about how OIG handles integrity or poor performance of contractors, participants, or financial assistance recipients.
- Contract Opportunities - How to do business with OIG
- Interactive Fraud Program - A 30-minute program to help you identify and prevent contract fraud
Do you need to obtain federal agency records held by the DOI OIG? Get guidance about using FOIA >
- How to Submit a FOIA Request - Learn how to submit a FOIA request
- Fees and Waivers - Understand the fees involved in FOIA
- FOIA Request Form - Make a FOIA request online
- Processing a FOIA Request - Find out how FOIA requests are processed
- FOIA Exemptions and Exclusions - Understand what is and what is not covered under FOIA
- OIG FOIA Library - Resources to help you with the FOIA process
- FOIA Service Center - Get the status of your FOIA request
- FOIA Appeals - How to appeal a FOIA decision